Enterprise Asset Management helps organizations track, assess, manage and optimize asset quality and reliability. Organizations of all kinds have hundreds, thousands, even millions of assets. They are asset intensive. OXplus helps these organizations implement and maintain the best possible Enterprise Asset Management systems and solutions to make sure your assets are serviced in the most efficient way.
Enterprise Asset Management (EAM)
DRIVEN BY EXPERIENCE
What is Enterprise Asset Management (EAM)?
Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) is a combination of software, systems and services used to maintain and control operational assets and equipment. The aim is to optimize the quality and utilization of assets throughout their lifecycle, increase productive uptime and reduce operational costs.
Enterprise Asset Management involves work management, asset maintenance, planning and scheduling, supply chain management and environmental, health and safety (EHS) initiatives.
In the Internet of Things (IoT) era — with everything from valves to vehicles connected by sensors and systems — practitioners are incorporating advanced analytics and artificial intelligence (AI) into EAM. Data gathered from instrumented assets is analyzed using AI techniques. The resulting insights help maintenance teams make better decisions, enhance efficiency, perform preventive maintenance and maximize investments in their physical assets.
A WORLD OF CAPABILITIES
EAM Key Features
Centrally manage planned and unplanned work, from initial request through completion and including the recording of actuals.
Phases of Maintenance
Move from corrective maintenance, when repairs are made after a problem occurs, to preventive maintenance (using scheduled repairs) and predictive maintenance, when repairs are made because data indicates imminent failure.
Planning and Scheduling
Graphically view work orders and preventive maintenance schedules on a Gantt chart. Intuitively navigate work order management to help dispatchers manage task and work dependencies.
Supply Chain Management
Assets and the materials used to maintain them are part of the supply chain. Effective solutions should incorporate IoT technologies that help integrate EAM with supply chain management systems.
Health and Safety
Document and report environmental, health and safety concerns. Reduce risk by using incident analysis, corrective action traceability and process change management.
Accomplish more from reading meters to capturing electronic signatures to using bar codes and RFID. Take advantage of smartphone capabilities such as photos and voice-to-text to capture information and deliver tools, documentation and collaboration.
Run extended and enhanced analytics, often powered by AI, to gain operational insights. Use optimization models can be used to automate the planning, scheduling and work management processes based on analysis.
Support SaaS, cloud-based deployment or hybrid cloud deployment to control costs, improve system flexibility and decrease dependency on IT.
GAIN CONTROL OF COMPLEX ENVIRONMENTS
Why Enterprise Asset Management?
EAM is important because it helps organizations track, assess, manage and optimize asset quality and reliability. Organizations of all kinds have hundreds, thousands, even millions of assets. They are asset intensive.
Assets come in many shapes and sizes — railroads, pipelines, manufacturing equipment, transportation fleets, windmills — and include virtually any piece of equipment needed to sustain production, services and operations. EAM best practices help maintenance teams gain greater control of complex environments to:
- Centralize asset information: A CMMS, as part of EAM, tells maintenance managers where an asset is, what it needs, who should work on it and when. It automates critical asset management workflows and makes them accessible and auditable.
- Resolve issues before they happen: Asset management software supports preventive capabilities to maintain equipment for stable, continuous operations. It helps ensure warranty compliance and preempt issues that disrupt production.
- Monitor assets smarter: AI-powered remote monitoring delivers actionable insight into current and expected states of assets. It aggregates data across departments and information silos, allowing for fewer, more accurate alerts and enhanced decision-making.
- Maximize asset utilization: Historical and real-time data collected from IoT devices and analytical and diagnostic tools help extend the availability, reliability and usable life of physical assets.
- Manage aging assets and infrastructure: Equipment lifecycles are extended through more informed maintenance strategies and by embedding risk management into business processes to improve return on investment.
- Elevate maintenance management: IoT, AI and analytics enhance equipment maintenance practices. Asset tracking and traceability meet increasingly complex environmental, health and safety requirements.
- Consolidate operational applications: EAM helps establish a single technology system to manage virtually all asset types. Processes are unified and standardized for wide-ranging asset functions across an enterprise.
WORLD'S LEADING ENTERPRISE ASSET MANAGEMENT SOLUTION
Why use IBM Maximo as your EAM System?
With IBM Maximo we increase efficiency and improve the ability to achieve business goals by:
- Reducing unplanned downtime;
- Minimizing asset failures;
- Maximizing use of resources;
- Increasing asset reliability;
- Reducing inventory costs;
- Improving capital budget planning;
- Improving safety & risk management;
- Adhering to regulatory compliance;
- Extending the life of assets;
- Providing one version of the truth;